- Cerebral Palsy, which may occur if the child’s brain does not receive enough oxygen during the birthing process and can have serious lifelong consequences on development.
- Erb’s Palsy, which can occur if the nerves in the child’s upper arm are damaged during the birth and may require surgery or physical therapy.
- Brain injuries, which can happen if the baby is in a breech or transverse position, or if fetal distress, preeclampsia, or other labor complications occur.
- Forcep & vacuum extraction injuries, which can occur if these tools are used improperly and may result in brain damage, skull fractures, facial scarring, Erb’s Palsy, and other issues.
- C-section injuries, if a doctor fails to note that an emergency C-section is necessary, a baby can suffer from brachial plexus injuries, not get enough oxygen, and face various other injuries.
If you or your child has been injured due to a doctor’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation. An injury during childbirth can take a major toll, physically, financially, and emotionally, and you deserve compensation for these burdens. It is important to note that if you feel you have been a victim of medical malpractice, and you wish to take legal action, you will need to file your claim within a certain amount of time. This is known as a statute of limitations. In general, medical malpractice cases in New York must be filed within 2.5 years from the date of the incident.
Birth can often prove to be complicated. As a result, it is important to make sure that your doctors make you feel safe and comfortable. But, sometimes, even the most skilled doctors make mistakes. If you or your baby were injured during birth, reach out to a skilled medical malpractice attorney today.
Contact our Firm
A personal injury accident can have a great impact on your life and your bank account. At Katter Law Firm, we believe that everyone should be held liable for his or her own negligence; you should not have to bear the burden of someone else’s mistakes. To learn more or to schedule a free consultation, visit us online or call us today!